Friday, April 22, 2011

{21}

In Matthew 6 we're told of how Jesus went around ministering to people and performing miracles; and it says, "And whenever he came, in villages, cities, or countryside, they laid the sick in the marketplaces and implored him that they might touch even the fringe of his garment. And as many as touched it were made well."

That portrays enormous faith to me. Those people were certain of Jesus' power, and they knew that if they simply touched the very *fringe* of his clothes, they'd be made well. I don't know about you, but normally I don't think of the frayed edges of clothing being filled with healing powers... I wouldn't touch them assuming I'd be healed. But these people knew of Jesus' power and fought through the crowds to come to them. They stepped outside their comfort zones. They kinda took a risk; but because they believed that the Son of God would be faithful to be who He said was, they took the step.

I want that kind of faith.

1 comment:

  1. i love ur blog posts Em. you are a great example and i love you<3
    -Bri<3

    ReplyDelete