Tuesday, April 19, 2011

{16}

I'm aware that I'm behind in my blog posts. I'll be catching up over the next few days.

I'm going to write about one of my favorite songs, Ten Mile Stilts.
You can listen to it here, if you like:
http://listen.grooveshark.com/#/search?q=ten%20mile%20stilts


When I first heard the song, I was enchanted by the melody, but didn't really find any meaning in the words.
But then one day I was listening again, and listening more closely to the words, and I just thought, "that's me."
I'm absorbing what's happening in the world, from ten miles above. Is it a blessing or a curse? It's a blessing because I don't feel the pain as directly. I have a comfortable life. But it's a curse, because I see it all. Everything. And I know the reality of it; I can feel it. But I can't do much about it. And often I fail to do the little I can.

And then there's love. And my frail yet inshatterable heart. There's love in there that is seared inside; and my heart can't let it go ~ I think I can't live without it jailed up. Because it's a vulnerable thing, to put it out there, and it's a risky business. But it's what we're called to. It's what Jesus Christ has done for us ~ poured out every last drop of love in His soul for my own sake.

So here I am, compelled to follow in His footsteps, however difficult it may be; but it's a joy. Because I know I don't deserve an ounce of the love He's given me. Yet he gave it all. And so I live, and love, and sing.

No comments:

Post a Comment