Monday, May 30, 2011

"everyone has their own agenda"

I remind myself of this quote every day in the way that I act. I should probably be a little more open to things outside my agenda. For example, not pushing people out of my way when I want to get somewhere as quickly as possible.

But um, I'm followin my own agenda for this blogpost, so bear with.

Saturday was my Daddy's birthday :) I love him so much because he faithfully works to provide for us; he's selfless in the way that he serves around the house; he collects & chops wood so that the family room is warm & cozy all winter long; he drives me places; he's teaching me how to drive; he's a good listener & I can talk to him about anything; he can relate a lot with me; his advice is honest and sincere and wise and helpful. And I love him for a lot more reasons too ^_^
For his birthday, we went to Cici's Pizza which is an amazing pizza buffet and has mac & cheese pizza which is one of my FAVORITE foods ever; and we also went to Sight & Sound to see the Joseph play which was very good.

This week I've worked a lot... 4 days in a row and then again on Saturday. Yesterday I had a meeting with my boss about potentially becoming a team leader. He told me to step it up... he wants to see me exemplifying the traits of a leader now. He said he can tell I have a lot to offer but I'm not offering it all; I need to give 100%. It's true, in other areas of life as well. Sometimes I don't give my all just because I'm lazy; I know I can get away with only giving part-way. Sometimes I don't give my all because I don't push the limits to see if I even can go harder; in that case I don't even know if I can give more or not but I don't even try to know. So I'm gonna start pushing myself.

Last night I had so many questions swirling unceasingly inside me, more than ever before, about things I've never dared question before. It was so much that I felt almost numb inside. But the questions drive me to the only thing that I know to be Truth, which is God's word. God's been telling me lately that I need to spend more and more time in it. So I will. So many questions without answers, Your promises remain ♥

Today I realized that I didn't used to like exercising because I didn't like the pain. But it's like my theory about why I used to hate cleaning so much too; there comes a time in life where you've just experienced harder things. There came a point where I realized I'd overcome things much more challenging than picking my clothes up off the floor and organizing my desk... so I decided that cleaning my room was nothing to dread anymore. Just put some music on and get it done. Exercising is the same way. I've experienced greater pain muscles being worked harder than normal; I've experienced things more difficult than getting out of breath. So I put some music on, or maybe a podcast, and push through. And it's become enjoyable to run my 2.8 miles :)

No comments:

Post a Comment