On Thursday, I had an end-of-year review at my umbrella school and I officially passed 11th grade; so I guess that makes me a senior. WHAAAATHOWCANTHISBEHAPPENING. It's not really happening. It just can't be. Today I went to a wedding and the bride & groom were both 22; just five years older than me. Five years ago I was 12. THATWASNOTLONGAGO.
I only have one more year of school days at home. That's a little sad, but it's just enough time, really. I'm ready to see where my life is headed. Looking to pursue music therapy... more about that in the future.
But really, 17 isn't too old. I'm young enough to have my day made by receiving a letter in the mail from my second-cousin in Ohio. I'm young enough to beg my mother to take us to see our cousins in MD this week so we can swim in their pool. I'm young enough to laugh & whisper with my friends at a wedding. Young enough to scream when it thunders really loud.
I keep singing some lines from an Ingrid Michaelson song...
If I was 17 I could find it in between
The cushions of somebody's couch
I could find it, I could find it
If I was 17 I could find it in a dream
A dime a dozen kind of love
I could find it I could find it
Still finding love in between couch cushions & in dreams; looking forward to a day when I'll know its depth & truth to a better extent.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment