... that I am actually the daughter of a Slavic king.
Because, for the umpteenth time today at work, somebody asked me where I was from. Actually, she asked me if I was Polish. And I said, "funny you ask, because people have asked me if I'm Russian." And she said "Oh yes, it could be that, too. Something Slavic." My parents tell me that I'm a whole mix of things... just American, really. They tell me I have no distinct nationality. But I've convinced myself today that they are lying.
The truth is, they adopted me and just happened to get very very lucky that I look a lot like both of them, as well as my mom's sister. And they were also very fortunate to have a son of their own who looks just like me. I was born to a noble king or duke somewhere in a Slavic land... I'm thinking probably somewhere like the Ukraine. Yes, that does make me a Princess. However, something tragic happened. I think there was some peril such that if I was born and raised in the country I would have assuredly been kidnapped. And my birth parents couldn't bear the thought of such a heart-breaking happenstance occurring. But they couldn't leave the country themselves, because the had to be faithful to their homeland. So I was born in America and my wonderful adoptive parents acquired guardianship of me, and I'm so happy to be in the family that I am and live the life that I do.
But just think...
I could be living the life of a princess. ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment