Friday, June 24, 2011

call me crazy, but i'm sippin on hot tea...

...even though it's June 24th and it was a pretty hot day. And the AC isn't on. But it's not hot in here. And the tea sat a while so it's not boiling. And I was just in the mood for my Refresh tea. It has mint and other refreshing herbs. So I decided to sit and type up a blog post I'd written a few days ago, and then do a blog post about what's goin on in my life :) I don't even care about who cares. I just think it's fun to do.

This week has been lovely at some points; unlovely at others. Let's just go with lists...

lovely moments:
~ father's day; loving & appreciating my Daddy, a beautiful day weather-wise, a good message at church, hanging out at home and then going to see Pirates 4 (which was close to excellent) :)
~ many-a-goodworkday; I managed to love my job much of the time and even got to run this spin-the-wheel-get-a-free-chickfila-coupon thingamabob on Thursday which was quite fun. "Can I trade this coupon for a brownie that I got because the wheel landed on the brownie spot when I spun it in for a coupon for a milkshake?" "Nope! Better luck next time!" Haha, I didn't have to deal with *too* many annoying people ;)
~ absolutely wonderful breakfast out with Christa
~ perfectly superb afternoon spent in the company of Jasmine

~ *running out of adjectives* great tea party luncheon with some of the Swafford ladies


~ meeting with my boss; unofficially (because this is according to my will & determination & decision), I am well on my way to becoming a team leader.

unlovely moments:
~ many-a-headache & some earaches; went to the doctor on Monday night to see if i have an ear infection but i don't; went again for a well-visit today and got some prescriptions so hopefully i'll be feeling better?
~ feeling un-caredabout; but i'm not; but it was a real feeling and it was unlovely.
~ missing the hayeses quite terribly; they're my cousins who live close by but who are currently on a trip to Africa. i received emails from them which was an extremely lovely thing; but i experienced moments of sadness in missing them.

Ok. So next week I'm going to the beach. YES. It's gonna be soooo fun because the beach is one of my favorite places in the world and I love my cousins who we always stay with and I love the way the ocean meets the sky and the land (that's from a song) and I've packed mostly skirts and dresses so I'm going to look beautiful the whole week and I am just SO EXCITED :) :) :D Yay.

The end!

No comments:

Post a Comment