Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Philippians 4:8

Whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.

I was reading this verse this morning and I realized that it backs up my desire to look for the beautiful blessings of life in every circumstance. It's an evil, twisted, dark, rotten world full of suffering; but there is truth. There are things that are honorable, there is justice, there is purity. There are many lovely things, from the sky to a cup of tea to a pretty face to something someone says that makes you smile. There are things to commend, there is excellence, and there are things worthy to be praised. I know that for me, if I just open my eyes and look around a little I find something to smile at and be thankful for. And if all else fails, our Father God is all of these things.


My teapot; one of my most treasured possessions. {the picture is being dumb... click on it.}

1 comment:

  1. I have been saying this verse to myself all week...it's so helpful

    ReplyDelete