Wednesday, May 20, 2009

...the story...

Ok, so I dug up that story that I wrote when I was around 9. It's pretty funny.... ;o)

All Things Work Together For Good!
By Emily Rickert

Readers note:
This is a completely made up story. I don’t want anyone to think that it is true. None of the names are real, nothing. It is a little to drastic to really happen though.
Thanks, :)
~Emily

Hi! I’m Jessica Andrews. I’m ten years old. And it’s Christmas time! I can’t believe that it’s finally time to celebrate Jesus’ birth! But I wouldn’t say that last year. Last year, I was in the streets. It all started like this:

I lived with my parents. I had no brothers and no sisters. My family wasn’t a Christian family.
One warm Saturday morning in August at around 11:00 AM we were on our way to the park. My dad and I were going to play frisbee and my mom was going to go bird watching. Well, we were about half way there. We had the radio on and it was this rockin’ and rollin’ music that my dad loved. Then the music turned into this smooth jazz or something. My dad didn’t like that kind of music so he put his arm out to change the channel. According to what she did she liked it, and she stuck her arm out to stop him. My dad lost control. He jammed right into a huge truck. Then, a speeding driver jammed right into us. There was a funny smell. Just then the car blew up. Just like that. I jumped out as fast as I could. I was burned badly. But I did not feel it a single bit. I screamed, “Mom, Dad!!!” But it was to late. They were gone. :(
I cried and cried and cried. There were tons of people staring at me but I didn’t notice them. I cried as I have never cried and never will.
By that time someone had called the police and they were there. The police asked me to tell them the whole story. I managed to, in-between sobs, that is. After I had finished, one of the police officers mumbled something like, “Humph, all this fuss, just because of music.” Then they asked me what I wanted to do. Well, I had always read of orphans that live nowhere. I had always thought it would be fun. So I said, “I’d like to live on my own. I can earn money by mowing lawns and raking leaves for old people. I am sure I can survive. “I’m not sure that’s a good idea, young lady,” one police officer said. “You asked me what I wanted to do.” They couldn’t object to that.

Some people sold the house and most of the things in it. I got most of the money. And it was a lot. And guess what I did to start the journey. I took my valuable things, some food, some cloths and my sleeping bag and pillow and got in my Barbie jeep! My dad had shown me how to put new batteries in so I got 20 batteries. (It was $100 for all of them, but it didn’t matter. I had more then $400,000 dollars with me.) All my stuff, amazingly, managed to fit in there. And off I went. I must have looked so cute driving that Barbie jeep all over!
After three weeks of traveling I absolutely had to stop at a dry cleaners somewhere to my cloths. They were all worn about 3 times and they were filthy. So I stopped at a dry cleaners and moved on. Thanksgiving and Christmas past. It had been my first thanksgiving without turkey and my first Christmas without presents. Actually , I after shoveling someone's drive way and side walk they gave me 2 more batteries for my jeep. That, I need. I was down to my 15th. 6 months past. Then 7 months. 8, 9 and 10 months past. Finally, a year past. And some more months. One day, there was a HUGE snowstorm. I was hoping for snow. It had snowed last year, but not much. Anyway, what I had hoped for, was not good. I couldn’t drive my jeep. (I had gotten more batteries) Then I saw a porch of a big old house. I went over there, laid on a chair, and cried. I don't know why, I just did. I guess I cried myself to sleep. I awoke the next morning because I heard a door open. “Mom?” I said, sleepily to myself. I guess that door sounded like my bed room door at my “old” house. “Where is your mom?” A woman's voice asked. Then I sighed. “and what brings you here on this chilly November day?” “Its November? Omiword, Omiword! I am 10! Omiword!” I said. “Whats going on here?” The woman asked. So I told her my story. Then she invited me in for breakfast. It tasted wonderful to me. Apparently she had a daughter my age name Olivia. (by the way, the womans name was Beth.) We automatically became best friends. I stayed with them for weeks. One day, Beth asked me, “Jessie,” (that’s what they called me.) “Would you like to be my daughter?” I answered, excitedly, “You mean you want to… adopt me?” “Yes.” She said. “Oh, yes, yes and triple yes!” “Ok. That’s all settled then.” And a few weeks later, I had a family again. My best friend had become my sister. My new mom teached me about the Lord. I then became a Christian.

And now its now and I am as happy as can be! Oh, and, Olivia says hi. :)

3 comments:

  1. Awww Em that was adorable!!! I love the part where you said "I can raise money by mowing lawns and raking leaves for old people." :) So sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. $400,000!? She was the daughter of a MILLIONAIRE! Lol, very cute!
    That's amazing that you were writing like that when you were just 9 years old! I <3 that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMWW! I remember this story! :D :D
    The Barbie jeep is hilarious. . .batteries. . .lol
    ;)

    ReplyDelete