Tuesday, May 19, 2009

L a m e n t a t i o n s 3 : 2 0 - 2 5



My soul continually remembers [my affliction and wanderings]

and is bowed down within me.

But this I call to mind,
and therefore I have hope:

The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases;
his mercies never come to an end;

they are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.

“The Lord is my portion,” says my soul,
“therefore I will hope in him.”

The Lord is good to those who wait for him,
to the soul who seeks him.


I read this this morning, and I was so encouraged. Jeremiah wrote this right after he had written about the suffering that he and Israel were going through. Though he's going through really, really tough times, this he calls to mind: that the Lord is good, the Lord is faithful, and the Lord is his portion.

I thought back over the last few days, and realized that I've been really downcast. I've been really negative with myself, and though I've shared my problems with God, I've mostly just complained to Him and asked Him where He's going with it all. When I read this, God reminded me that He is good, He is faithful, and He is my portion, always and forever, and that I should never cease to praise Him. He's taught me recently that His love gives me reason to first of all worship Him no matter what else is happening, as well as always have a reason to be joyful. I think that it is so amazing and that it shows His love even truer when I begin to let that slip away, and then He reminds me of it in through His word. He is so, so, so so good, and I am amazed by His love each day! I hope that all of you know this incredible love as well =)





PS: Last Tuesday of 9th grade ;o)

3 comments:

  1. great one.
    thanks fer sharing em :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this portion of Scripture, too. It was nice to read your thoughts on it. It's intersting how everyone interprets things differently and in their own way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heart you.
    And I heart this post. :}

    ReplyDelete