Friday, June 19, 2009

so i guess i owe ya'll a blog entry...

...not that too many of you've missed me on here, anyway ;o)

Well, my Grandpa died last week, so that's made things kinda crazy. Yesterday we scattered his ashes into the ocean at Cape May... it was a cool experience. It was a good time in Cape May, too... we went to an awesome restaurant called The Lobster House. It was really yummy. But anyway, God has really been with us and helped us grow through this experience with my Grandpa, and we can feel His peace :o) We're confident that Grandpa was a believer, so it's a great reminder of God's gift of eternal life for us, too.

Other than that, life has been really good. Swim team started this month, but we've had more canceled practices than not canceled, because of all the rainy cold weather. So I'm not in great shape. But it's alright, because I'm the youngest in my age group this year (18 & unders!!!) so I wouldn't be in any official races anyway. I'm still learning more and more about how to improve my strokes, and how to build my endurance. It's all in your mind, as my coach says ;o)

Tomorrow I'm going to the vocal workshop at church (which I am very excited for), and then we're leaving for the beach for a week! Every year we spend a week in Ocean City, NJ with cousins. It's definitely a highlight of the year. My cousin Jordan and I are planning to test out all the icecream/waterice places/bakeries and such in the area. We're going to blow our money and gain 20 lbs. But we will make incredible memories :oD

After the beach, I'm gonna be trained at Chick-fil-a... I got a job there! I'm definitely excited for that. I also have a piano tea party with a couple friends and my piano teacher, which is soooo much fun. Plus some more miscellaneous stuff ;o) Thennn, I'm going to camp for 2 weeks! Actually, a *summer school of music*. I am SIKED for it! It's going to be awesome.


Then I have the rest of my summer, with lots more plans. But I'll get to that when I get to it :o)

That's all for now!

<3always.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry about your Grandpa, that is so great that he was saved. :) You got a job?! Yay! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry about your grandpop Emily! I'll be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete