Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, and the conviction of things not seen. By faith we understand that the universe was created by the word of God, so that what is seen was not made out of things that are visible. (Hebrews 11: 1&3)
I've just begun the process of memorizing Hebrews 11&12 (two absolutely incredible chapters of the Bible), and these are some of the verses I've been meditating on this week. It took a while for the words to sink in, but it was worth it when they did.
One of my biggest problems in regards to praying with faith is that when I don't see my prayers working, I'm quick to give up. If I'm praying to overcome a certain sin struggle but don't see progress, I lose faith and stop praying as much about it. If I'm praying that an unsaved friend will come to know the Lord, but instead they take steps away from Him, I start losing hope. But "faith is the assurance of things hoped for, and the conviction of things not seen". The reality of it. The trust that things hoped for WILL HAPPEN. We see in the creation of the world that God makes things happen out of *nothing*... so even when we can't see any steps towards what we're hoping for, we can know that He can make it happen if it's His will.
So I'm praying, with faith, that He will bring the right answers, even though I have no answers at all as of yet. I'm praying for my friends to know His love and believing they will, even if right now they spurn His face. I'm praying with faith for my future husband, knowing God is preparing someone for me, but not seeing him anywhere I look. I'm praying with faith for my near future, even though I don't know where as of yet I'm going to college or where I'll live or how I'll be affording anything.
Faith is not walking by the things we see, but walking in trust in the Father who makes something out of nothing. He's got stuff for me that I just can't see. I'm praying to fix my eyes on what I can see: the God who has loved me beyond measure. Praying to be grateful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
this is so awesome and completely relatable... very encouraging; thank you, Em! :]
ReplyDelete