I haven't posted in three months... sorry about that! =/
Let's see... what is there to write about. Well, actually, I've just reminded myself that an April aspiration of mine is to write something and publish it every day of the month. So I think I'll try writing a blog post every day. It may not be something really long and deep, but hopefully it'll be fairly interesting each day :) So all of you lovely blog-readers can have that to look forward to!
Life has had its ups and downs, as always. 2011 has been nice so far... nothing too eventful, but not boring at all. New years was lovely... spent with my cousins, the Andersons & the Baillies, at the Andersons' house in MD. On January 1st my cousin Jordan and her friends Hannah & Mallory & I had a fun mall-day and Mallory and I got second-piercings in our ears. We also went to Ruby Tuesdays and had a ridiculously fun time. Other highlights were the March for Life in Washington, DC (which I may have to write a separate blog post about some point soon); as well as lots of snow, which included building a lovely snowman with Lexie. The snowman's name was Joey Jimbob VanderWeide Rickert... ask Lexie for an explanation on that one ;) A lo-light (opposite of highlight) for the month of January would be... Heart of Darkness. A book I was supposed to read for school. I hardly barely didn'tevenreally make it through that book. Not fun not fun not fun. I read Fahrenheit 451 that month, though, and had a class at Compass where we discussed it. I loved it a ton... it's my 3rd favorite book, after the Bible, and Dug Down Deep.
February was pretty eventful. I spent the first week practicing a lot for playing piano background music at Daddy Daughter Date-night at the Chickfila I work at, which was so lovely :) It was a very cute night. The day after that, I left for a week in California! My dad and I went to visit his brother's family out there. That was a ton of fun... the sun was refreshing & my cousins are adorable (Taylor is 6 and Tristan is 2) & I had an awesome photoshoot with my aunt. It was a great trip. I read The Great Gatsby over those first few weeks of February, which was also a very good book because it made me think a lot, like Fahrenheit 451. And thinking it one of my very favorite things to do. Lo-light of Feb: my research paper. I had done research for it over January, but for the most part I didn't really start writing the paper until 3 days before it was due. So I slaved away for 3 days... definitely the most stressed I've ever been. But, I got it done, and I got a really good grade ^_^ So it turned out alright. But I probably won't procrastinate like that again ;)
March has been a little bit slower. It started off with a dull beginning: on March 1st, my boss at work left our Chickfila to get his own free-standing-unit in Dover, DE :( He was like a big brother to me ~ I miss him so much. He also took the other managers with him. The new managers are very nice, though, and they appreciate my hard work, so that's good :) I have a love-hate relationship with my job, but it's more love than hate and I know it's the perfect job for me at the moment ^_^
On March 15th my choir went to an ACSI Fine Arts Festival, which was sweet. I sang in choir, accompanied the choir, and did a piano solo. It went really well & was lots of fun! Other nice events that have occurred have been going to see Beauty & the Beast at DC, aaand going to NYC for Jordan's birthday :D We saw Wicked, shopped till we dropped, and ate a lot of really good food. It was awesomeeeeee.
Lo-light of March: winter dragging on in a dreary-like fashion, even though technically it is spring. I cannot wait for warm weather and green leaves and the sun and the smell of SPRING. I'm getting SERIOUSLY impatient. It's adding to my depression.
That's all for now :) Be expecting a post tomorrow!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
'And thinking is one of my very favorite things to do.'
ReplyDeleteaah. me too <3
LOVE YOU and your blog posts(:
can't wait until tomorrow so i can read your next one:D