Friday, April 30, 2010
One Voice
This is the sound of one voice
One spirit, one voice
The sound of one who makes a choice
This is the sound of one voice
This is the sound of voices two
The sound of me singing with you
Helping each other to make it through
This is the sound of voices two
This is the sound of voices three
Singing together in harmony
Surrendering to the mystery
This is the sound of voices three
This is the sound of all of us
Singing with love and the will to trust
Leave the rest behind it will turn to dust
This is the sound of all of us
This is the sound of one voice
One people, one voice
A song for every one of us
This is the sound of one voice
This is the sound of one voice
Last night my choir had its spring family concert. It was so much fun ~ I can't begin to describe how much I love my choir!! Courtney & Hannah & I got to sing this trio, and it was so cool to do.
Afterwards a lot of people were telling me that they really liked the song and stuff, but there were two people in particular that told me that the song had really blessed them and that the song had a message that a lot of people need to hear. I had never really thought too much about the message of the song before, but once I thought about it I realized that it is really powerful! The basic idea is unity and harmony. One of the two people that I mentioned commenting before said that the song tells what heaven will be like (in a very very poor way ;) ). As I was thinking about it, I realized that harmony is a really good example of the relationships that we're supposed to have on earth and the ones that we'll have in heaven. It's such a beautiful thing... that's really the only thing I can say to describe it :)
Anyway, I love the song, and God and His perfection in everything He's created. And I love choir, and The Wailin' Jennys :) :) Thanks for listening/reading!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
oh my word.
ReplyDeletethat was really good!!
ReplyDelete