Friday, January 29, 2010

untitled poem

I look back and see my life
That was overwhelmed with You
I see my heart in that season
So full of righteousness and truth

And I remember with tears
That I was free from my fears
And I remember those times
When they saw peace in my eyes

But now as You strip down the pride
That's made me so blind
I look down at where I am
And I cry

I see where I've been blown
Where I've made the choice to let go
Where I've completely lost hold
Of my life

And Lord, I'm so helpless
There's nothing I can do
These walls that I've built
Can be destroyed by only You

So God, please work in me ~
Work in my heart
'Cuz these battles, they're painful
They tear me apart

Don't let me lose sight of You
Lock my eyes in Yours
Show me that You're glorious
Too wonderful for words

Lord, pull me away from
The filth of myself
And show me what you have for me
As You take hold of my heart

Father, use me, please use me
In any way that You choose
Work through me, Lord ~
My hope is in You.

4 comments:

  1. Emily, this is amazing! It was really beautiful. I think it would make a beautiful song... wonderful job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Becky! I'll definitely try adding some music at some point... I'll let you know if anything works out :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this echoes some things in my life right now and is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i agree this is lovelyy and SO true. . .

    ReplyDelete