Monday, December 6, 2010

thought life.

Before this year, I really hated running. Actually, I hated exercising in general. It made me miserable. I was so lazy and simply didn't enjoy a single thing about it ~ I really can't say why. But I've really come to enjoy exercising a lot more lately... I've had all this energy in me that's been screaming to be let out. Going for a power walk or a run allows me to get out by myself, clear my mind, and feel healthy & refreshed. I've really started to become dependent on it, because sometimes my mind gets all exhausted from my crazy life, but when I get my heart rate up and breathe in fresh air I just feel released of everything bogging my life down and it's so freeing. Today, the way my lungs hurt breathing heavily in 30 degree air and the way my legs got sore from running as fast I could push myself were a comfort to me, sorta ~ it let me escape from the normal feelings of every day life which can weigh down so heavily and be so tiring.

On a different note, I think a lot ~ too much, maybe. And lately some of the thoughts I've had have been overwhelming... I've had some really big questions about certain circumstances and it's been pretty crazy in there, up there in my mind. But the thing that is ultimately overwhelming, and the thing that ends up reigning over my previously crazy thoughts is the love of God. The fact that holy, perfect Jesus came to earth ~ not even in a pretty way, like snow. That He experienced the weirdness and craziness of human life, and then suffered & died so that I could live forever. Worthy is the Lamb who was slain <3

1 comment:

  1. This is great and I can totally relate.
    hah that rhymed ;)
    The last paragraph is my favorite... I think too much too, the same as you. that rhymed too and i love you :D

    ReplyDelete