Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Youth Camp!

So I just can't resist making a post about what God did for me at Youth Camp. I had such a great experience... there are probably very few (hopefully none!) who didn't have a really great time.

I came to Youth Camp praying and expecting to be met by God. Last year I went to YC not really thinking there was much else that I had to learn about God/Christianity, and I didn't learn much, probably just because I had that mindset. But this year I have learned that that couldn't be further from the truth. So I prayed that God would teach me great, new, rich things. I did learn a few new things, but mostly I was just reminded of really great things that I need to remember each day and live by.

A huge highlight for me was Friday night... wasn't it for everyone? ;o) I was convicted of self-righteousness towards my parents, siblings, and friends, and I realized that though I'd asked God for help in the past with my pride & self-righteousness, I'd never confessed it to Him and asked Him to forgive me (maybe it was my pride getting in the way... ugh!). So I did just that on Friday night when I went up after the message... I confessed my sin to God, and He forgave me. It was such an incredible feeling... it was like a wave of forgiveness washed over me, and it made me sob to think about all that God had done so that I could receive that forgiveness. I know now that when I'm tempted to feel proud & self-righteous, I can remember that moment and reflect on the Cross, and God will humble me without a doubt.

Another highlight was getting baptized on Saturday. It was such an awesome feeling to be gone with the old life and to put on the new. It was exciting! And the prophecies afterward were so powerful. There weren't a whole lot of prophetic words for my future, but there was a lot of encouragement for these years that I'm going through now, which I really needed. It was so obviously God's words being spoken through the people on the prophecy team, and it was so so so powerful and moving. I loved it.

Now I'm home, and abiding in the shadow of the Cross :o) I hope to stay here for the rest of my life.

Hey, guess what? I'm training at Chick-fil-A next week! I'll be working there this year. I'm exciiited!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for being so open to share Emily... Yes, Friday night was amazing for me too, I think it was amazing even for those who weren't convicted!
    That's so exciting! I hope you get to work there!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. <3 I totally agree, YC was BEYOND awesome. :D <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude, i felt the same way you did Em! I was like "God, I didn't get one future prophecy! Am I gonna be some kind of old cat lady?" But, i kinda got over it and moved on. haha. just trust that you do have a future even tho you didn't get any hints. :/

    ReplyDelete